Firstly, you can use Check the Register to see if you are already on the Register of Electors
If your name is not on the LIVE Register of Electors (annual deadline is November 25th), you can apply to be included in the SUPPLEMENT (and subsequently into the Live Register) by using the RFA2 Form
WHAT IS THE SUPPLEMENT
The Supplement only becomes available in the event that an election or referendum is called. You then have the opportunity to vote, if your local authority receives your application at least 15 days before polling day. Sundays, public holidays and Good Friday are not counted as days for this purpose.
A Supplement (to the Live Register) is prepared to facilitate those electors who may have changed address, will have reached 18 years of age by polling day or who are not registered to vote.
|TYPE OF FORM ||NAME OF FORM |
|Addition to the Supplement ||RFA2 |
|Change of Address||RFA3|
|Change of Citizenship||RFA5|
|Postal Voters (Physical Illness/Disability)||PVS1|
|Postal Voters (Occupation/Certain Students)||PVS2|
|Special Voters List||SVS1|
Your form must be received by Leitrim County Council on time. Your form must be fully completed and be witnessed, signed and stamped by a member of the Garda Síochána at your local Garda Station. Once fully completed this can be sent FREEPOST to us at the below address.
You must be 18 years of age on or before polling day
Your Citizenship will determine which type of elections that you can vote in, as follows:
- Referenda: Only Irish citizens can vote in referenda e.g. to vote for or against a proposal to modify the Irish constitution
- Presidential: Only Irish citizens can vote in Presidential Elections
- Elections for Dáil Éireann: Both Irish and British citizens can vote in elections for Dáil Éireann
- Elections for the European Parliament: Irish, British and other European Union (EU) citizens can vote in elections for the European Parliament
- Elections for Local Government: Irish, British, EU and non-EU citizens can vote in local election